Sunday 15 February 2009

Thesis submitted: build progress



Well it’s been a slow time in the garage of late due to getting a full time job (Research Scientist) playing with bioreactors (fermentors) and writing up my PhD. However, the Thesis is now submitted with the viva coming up in early March so I am getting my life back!


When I have been able to get out the spanners over the Christmas period I managed to get the driver side bulkhead fitted (Siklaflex and rivets) and the passenger side bulkhead trimmed and ready for fitting.

The pedal box has been trial fitted and I’ve bought some bright blue skateboard deck grip tape to put one the pedals. I’m planning on putting the icons for the controls (Throttle Brake, shift up/down etc.) from GT on the Playstation on each of the pedals.

Since submitting I’ve got the front brake pipes routed and fixed (p-clips and 3.5 mm rivets) with a spacing of 120 mm (maximum 6 inch spacing for SVA). The front brake T-piece was attached to the chassis and the brake pressure switch was installed.

So the pedal box could be fitted, holes had to be drilled through the bulkhead to accommodate the master cylinders (front and rear) and 4x M8 bolts for mounting the pedal box. The dremmel style tool came in very handy for fettling the large MC holes.

I’m hoping to get the remaining brake lines routed and fixed in the next few weeks depending on how my viva preparation goes. Finger crossed!

No comments: